Monday, June 23, 2014

Well fed... maybe too well.

There is no shortage of food when I work these events for Patty and Tracy. I don't over eat, but as I'm seated most of the time and walk around very little, I have to be careful. Every cookie counts.

The mornings start with a cup or two of Nespresso. It's like a Keurig for espresso and while it tastes pretty good, it's no coffee. We had no guide as what the colors of the cups meant for two days so I kept on drinking the red and orange ones because they tasted good. I wasn't really feeling any lift from them so I thought perhaps Nespresso was weak stuff. It turns out the red and orange are decaf... HA! I have since rectified the error and now have the green and black ones in the morning.

So they do feed us well. Kevin wanted to make sure I got my share of tapas while here and I appreciate that. So I looked up what specifically what tapas are. Appetizers or itty bitty portions. They don't even have to fancy. So, Kevin, I've been eating tapas every day. You're welcome.


This is a typical dinner here. A garlic and chicken skewer which is incredible. A tuna pie which is also amazing. One of my coworkers here says that one is a very Galician dish and one of her favorites. The tomato bread did not suck. I had like 3 of them. The paella is fantastic, just as I had hoped. So much flavor in all of the dishes.



Lunches are often lighter. This day happened to be salad... they serve salad with everything at this hotel. Even breakfast. The chicken and pasta dish in the middle was just awesome. Very creamy. The sandwiches are always yummy. The one on bread here was a cucumber and ham ordeal and the wrap was stuffed with garden veggies. All good. It's difficult to not go back for more but I am practicing discipline.

I am practicing discipline because the sweets just keep coming. I've done a horrible job at taking pictures of them but man-oh-man does this hotel know how to party. Chocolate decadence behind every corner. Last night I had this wafer boat filled with chocolate mousse topped with sliced fresh strawberries. I went back for seconds but they were gone. The cookies are great (but not as good as Holly's). The peanut butter ones are the business.



There is no shortage of alcohol. The Rioja (red wine) is amazingly tasty and easy to drink. Those bottles come out at about 8pm and enjoyably enough, we get to sit around and chat and laugh about the day's events over a couple of glasses each. The beer here isn't all that incredible, but it's lager style and goes down smooth. Moritz and Estrella have been my favorites so far. When I'm on my own I'll be sure to find some others to try out. Lots of outdoor seating in front of cafes in this city. I'll be keeping track on my Untapped App.


When it comes time to wind down... how's this for relaxing?


2 comments:

  1. Extremely jealous! I love the idea of tapas. Small plates of delicious food. Why go to a place and eat one dish when you can order sample of everything! That, my friend, is brilliant thinking.

    You relax by bathing while watching videos of someone cleaning a floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I was watching Orange is the New Black but I love the entitlement that scene evokes. Tapas is brilliant. I've been thinking about it quite a bit and it just makes sense. Gimme a little bit of all of that instead of a whole heartburn ton of that thing.

    ReplyDelete